BA (Hons) Business Studies (Top-up)
The BA (Hons) Business Studies (Top-up) provides students with an education in business that will enable them to succeed in their future employment and careers.
This degree provides a good balance between academic achievement and the acquisition of skills “graduate attributes” required by modern employers. The course of study, together with the Final Project (Dissertation) module at Level 6, not only adds value that will be recognised by employers in an increasingly competitive environment, it also offers another dimension to the experience from which to benefit upon graduation and facilitates graduates to fit into the work culture, do the job, develop ideas, take initiative and responsibility and ultimately help organisations deal with change.Apply Now!
During this course you will:
- Develop an understanding of strategic management issues and concepts
- Identify key issues in case studies and apply analytical tools to Evaluate strategic options in a critical and informed way
- Evaluate strategic options in a critical and informed way
- Develop an understanding of strategy implementation issues and problems
- Develop your decision making, teamwork and presentation skills
- Strategic Management
- Project Management
- Research Methods
- Managing Small and Medium Enterprise
- International Business
- the Final Project (Dissertation)
*PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ACTUAL MODULES STUDIED MAY BE SUBJECT TO VARIATION
Dates to be confirmed. Please get in touch with our Admissions Team
Each applicant’s potential will be considered on individual bases in order to make a professional judgement about their ability to successfully complete the programme of study and achieve the qualification.
For learners who have recently been in education or training the entry profile is likely to include:
- Foundation Degree (FdA) in business studies
- Diploma in Higher Education (DipHe) in business studies, or
- Higher National Diploma – HND Certificate in business studies with a Merit profile
IELTS 6.5 Brands (or equivalent) for all applicants whose first language is not English.
You will be assessed through written assignments, presentations and closed book written exams.
The assignment criteria are provided by the awarding body.
BA (Hons) opens the door to a range of business-related positions across a broad range of industry sectors, whether in City firms, multinational companies, specialist consultancies or small and medium sized enterprises. Additionally students may wish to pursue a further academic qualification and continue to Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership at LSST, an MBA on other Masters Degree programme at a University.
Skills profile on completion of your degree:
On completing the course, students will be:
1. Confident and independent learners well versed in the underpinning disciplines contributing to business behaviour.
2. Decision makers able to incorporate a wide technical knowledge and appropriate theories to enable themselves and colleagues to reach solutions to complex business situations.
3. Capable of benefiting from post graduate, professional study including the ability to participate in individual and group research.
4. Capable of employment at junior, and with appropriate experience, middle management positions.
5. Able to initiate effective team working at all levels and with others, and work independently and effectively.
6. Able to reflect on how their employment enables them to develop skills for Continuous Professional Development and Lifelong Learning. "