BA (Hons) Business Studies (Top-up)
The BA (Hons) Business Studies (Top-up) provides students with an education in business that will enable them to succeed in their future employment and careers.
This degree provides a good balance between academic achievement and the acquisition of skills/“graduate attributes” required by modern employers. The course of study, together with the Contemporary Issues in Management (Graduate Project) module at Level 6, not only adds value that will be recognised by employers in an increasingly competitive environment, it also offers another dimension to the experience from which to benefit upon graduation and facilitates graduates to fit into the work culture, do the job, develop ideas, take initiative and responsibility and ultimately help organisations deal with change.Apply Now!
Study Mode: Full-time
Study Location: London Study Centre Course Code: BABS01
Course Level: 6
Award: BA (Hons) Degree
Awarding Body: University of West London
During this course you will:
- Develop an understanding of strategic management issues and concepts
- Identify key issues in case studies and apply analytical tools to Evaluate strategic options in a critical and informed way
- At least one GCE A level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or an adequate performance in more than one GCE subject
- Develop an understanding of strategy implementation issues and problems
- Develop your decision making, teamwork and presentation skills
- Strategic Management
- Project Management
- Research Methods
- Managing Small and Medium Enterprise
- International Business
- Final Project (Dissertation)
*PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ACTUAL MODULES STUDIED MAY BE SUBJECT TO VARIATION
Each applicant’s potential will be considered on individual bases in order to make a professional judgement about their ability to successfully complete the programme of study and achieve the qualification.
For learners who have recently been in education or training the entry profile is likely to include:
- Foundation Degree (FdA) in business studies
- Diploma in Higher Education (DipHe) in business studies, or
- Higher National Diploma – HND Certificate in business studies with a Merit profile
IELTS 6.5 Brands (or equivalent) for all applicants whose first language is not English.
You will be assessed through written assignments, presentations and closed book written exams.
The assignment criteria are provided by the awarding body.
BA (Hons) opens the door to a range of business-related positions across a broad range of industry sectors, whether in City firms, multinational companies, specialist consultancies or small and medium sized enterprises. Additionally students may wish to pursue a further academic qualification and continue to Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership at LSST, an MBA on other Masters Degree programme at a University.