Pearson BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Business
The success of all businesses depends on having people who are well qualified and experienced. This course combines practical and academic teaching methods to produce an understanding of different business concepts.Apply Now!
Learners must achieve a minimum of 120 credits (of which at least 65 must be at level 4) on their programme of learning to be awarded a BTEC Level 4 HNC. The BTEC Level 4 HNC will require approximately 480 guided learning hours (GLH).
Mandatory Core Modules
- Business and the Business Environment
- Human Resource Management
- Management and Operations
- Marketing Essentials
- Management Accounting
- Managing a Successful Business Project (Pearson-set)
- Business Law
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
Each applicant’s potential will be considered on individual bases in order to make a professional judgement about their ability to successfully complete the programme of study and achieve the qualification.
For learners who have recently been in education, the entry profile is likely to include one of the following:
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Business
- A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or equivalent)
- Other related Level 3 qualifications
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution
- Related work experience
- An international equivalent of the above.
- In addition, students will be required to attend an interview.
Students who do not have formal level 3 qualifications, but who have related experience, will be offered an interview to ensure they can cope with this level 4 course. In some cases, they may be offered a set of modules in the first year of the course to provide further development to higher education
IELTS 5.5, with a minimum of 5.0 being awarded on individual sections (or equivalent) for all applicants whose first language is not English.
You will be assessed through written assignments and coursework.
The assignment criteria are provided by the awarding body.
A key progression path for learners who successfully complete this Pearson BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Business course is to gain direct entry to BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Business course at LSST, entry point – year 2.
Some learners may wish to use this qualification in order to enter and further their career in a specialist area of employment in the sector, where learners may work towards professional membership or study for professional body examinations.