New to LSST: Professional Qualifications in Leadership and Management
Adding to our portfolio of professional courses, the London School of Science & Technology will now offer further qualifications in leadership and management from this summer.
With undergraduate programmes in Management and the Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership (EDSML), LSST is widening the choice of courses to enhance career prospects. The new Award, Certificate and Diploma in Leadership and Management can be studied at Levels 2 -5 at our London Study Centre, acknowledging the different needs for team members with varying responsibilities.
Some of the key topics at hand will be project management , effective leadership, making presentations and understanding the management role. By the end of the course students will have improved their interpersonal and communication skills, successfully allowing them to confidently implement their knowledge in the workplace.
Want to know more? Then read ahead.
- Who is the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM)?
- The ILM is the leading provider in leadership and management training, aiming to raise standards and consequently improve social and economic prosperity across the UK.
- How can this course help me?
- According to the ILM website, 93 per cent of employers said gaining an ILM qualification has enhanced the performance of their managers. Studying the course at LSST will provide an opportunity for you to meet like minded individuals and share your aspirations and goals. The structure of the course will direct you into making informed decisions about your career choices while the global recognition of the qualification will open doors into management and leadership roles.
In addition, learners are eligible for the ILM free studying membership where you will receive benefits such as access to learning resources, invitations to events and seminars and ILM reports and surveys. You will be able to upgrade your membership at the end of your course, subject to eligibility.
- At what levels can I study the programme?
- Understanding that workplace management varies in roles and responsibilities, the ILM programme will be taught at different levels:
Level 2 – Award
Perfect for those who have no formal training in management responsibilities but want to develop their skills.
Level 3 – Award, Certificate, Diploma
Studying at this level is ideal for new or aspiring team leaders who are making the transition from working in a team to leading a team.
Level 4 – Award, Certificate, Diploma
If you’re an aspiring department head, regional team leader or other middle manager, then studying at this level will enable you get to grips with the role and gain comprehensive business knowledge.
Level 5 – Award, Certificate, Diploma
Ideal for those preparing to advance into senior management roles, you will develop your skills and experience and improve your performance.
- What qualifications do I need?
- No formal qualifications are needed although an understanding of a working environment would be helpful.
- How long does it take to complete the course?
- The courses will run every Saturday from 10am – 5pm but will vary in duration based on your level of study.
- What is the cost?
- Prices start from £649 for the Level 2 qualifications in Leadership and Team Skills. Click here for more information.
- Can I get financial support?
- As the ILM programme is self-funded, students can either pay for the course via our installment plan or apply for the Professional and Career Development Loan with Barclays. Our advisers can give you more information.
- How will I be assessed?
- As you will be tested on your knowledge and understanding of the programme modules, you will be assessed by coursework.