BA (Hons) Business Studies (Top-up)
The BA (Hons) Business Studies (Top Up) offers wide and in-depth knowledge, understanding and skills of effectively running for profit and not for profit organisation in fast changing global business world. This course is designed to enable the student to develop a critical understanding of ethical principles and practice, and an awareness of effective management principles set in the many contexts in which businesses operate and also captures the essence of entrepreneurship.
The course encourages students to develop the skills and competences of future managers. To do this, students should be capable of making management decisions at both strategic and at tactical levels. It emphasises the complexity and dynamics of business and management and taking cognisance of the integrative nature of the various factors which impinge upon management decisions.
The course is designed for future employability or entrepreneurship. The qualified students will be able to enter the world of business with a breadth of knowledge that should provide them with greater confidence and understanding aptitude for business world.Apply Now!
- Strategic Management
- International Trade, Finance and Investment
- Business Research Project (Yearlong)
- International Business
- Managing Small & Medium-Sized Enterprise
*PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ACTUAL MODULES STUDIED MAY BE SUBJECT TO VARIATION
Wednesday 13th February 2019
To gain entry to our top up courses, you must have any of the following qualifications:
- A Higher National Diploma (HND) in a relevant subject with a PASS
- Foundation Degree in a relevant subject
- An equivalent Level 5 qualification in a relevant subject
- A recognised UK or overseas equivalent
You must meet one of the following English language requirements:
- An IELTS equivalent of 6.0
- A GCSE in English (grade 9 - 4 / A* - C) or Level 2 equivalent
- If you have recently completed a HND in a UK institution, this would be accepted following an academic interview.
You will be assessed through written assignments, presentations and closed book written exams.
The assignment criteria are provided by the awarding body.
BA (Hons) opens the door to a range of business-related positions across a broad range of industry sectors, whether in City firms, multinational companies, specialist consultancies or small and medium sized enterprises. Additionally students may wish to pursue a further academic qualification and continue to masters degree at LSST, or other Masters Degree programme at a another institution.
Progression to Level 7 education: MBA, MA/MSc with pathways:
International Marketing, International Business, Enterprising, Human Resource Management, Marketing, and Accounting and Finance etc.
Skills profile on completion of your degree:
Through the suite of modules on the course the students would develop the following course level skills:
• The exercise of initiative, sound judgement and personal responsibility
• Working effectively with others
• Ability to make decisions in complex and unpredictable situations
• Independent learning ability aligned to continuing professional development
• Originality in tackling and solving problems
• Ability to deal with complex issues both systematically and creatively
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Critical thinking
• Ability to conduct research and consultancy tasks
• Effective use of information
• Competency in use of IT
• Personal effectiveness (self-management, time management, sensitivity to others, etc)
• People management and leadership skills
• Take responsibility for continuing to develop their own knowledge and skills
By the end of the degree course the students will have developed cognitive skills at Level 6 involving conceptualisation and critical thinking, problem solving, research and enquiry, synthesis and creativity and finally analysis and evaluation.