BA (Hons) Business Studies (Top-up)
The BA (Hons) Business Studies (Top-up) provides students with an education in business that will enable them to succeed in their future employment and careers.
This degree provides a good balance between academic achievement and the acquisition of skills “graduate attributes” required by modern employers. The course of study, together with the Final Project (Dissertation) module at Level 6, not only adds value that will be recognised by employers in an increasingly competitive environment, it also offers another dimension to the experience from which to benefit upon graduation and facilitates graduates to fit into the work culture, do the job, develop ideas, take initiative and responsibility and ultimately help organisations deal with change.Apply Now!
- Strategic Management – 20 credits
- International Trade, Finance and Investment – 20 credits
- International Business – 20 credits
- Managing Small & Medium Sized Enterprises – 20 credits
- Business Research Project – 40 credits (Year Long Module)
*PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ACTUAL MODULES STUDIED MAY BE SUBJECT TO VARIATION
To gain entry to our top up courses, you must have any of the following qualifications:
- A Higher National Diploma (HND) in a relevant subject with a PASS
- Foundation Degree in a relevant subject
- An equivalent Level 5 qualification in a relevant subject
- A recognised UK or overseas equivalent
You must meet one of the following English language requirements:
- An IELTS equivalent of 6.0
- A GCSE in English (grade 9 - 4 / A* - C) or Level 2 equivalent
- If you have recently completed a HND in a UK institution, this would be accepted following an academic interview.
You will be assessed through written assignments, presentations and closed book written exams.
The assignment criteria are provided by the awarding body.
BA (Hons) opens the door to a range of business-related positions across a broad range of industry sectors, whether in City firms, multinational companies, specialist consultancies or small and medium sized enterprises. Additionally students may wish to pursue a further academic qualification and continue to masters degree at LSST, or other Masters Degree programme at a another institution.
Skills profile on completion of your degree:
On completing the course, students will be:
1. Confident and independent learners well versed in the underpinning disciplines contributing to business behaviour.
2. Decision makers able to incorporate a wide technical knowledge and appropriate theories to enable themselves and colleagues to reach solutions to complex business situations.
3. Capable of benefiting from post graduate, professional study including the ability to participate in individual and group research.
4. Capable of employment at junior, and with appropriate experience, middle management positions.
5. Able to initiate effective team working at all levels and with others, and work independently and effectively.
6. Able to reflect on how their employment enables them to develop skills for Continuous Professional Development and Lifelong Learning. "