BA (Hons) Business Studies (Top-up)
The BA (Hons) Business Studies (Top-up) provides students with an education in business that will enable them to succeed in their future employment and careers.
This degree provides a good balance between academic achievement and the acquisition of skills “graduate attributes” required by modern employers. The course of study, together with the Final Project (Dissertation) module at Level 6, not only adds value that will be recognised by employers in an increasingly competitive environment, it also offers another dimension to the experience from which to benefit upon graduation and facilitates graduates to fit into the work culture, do the job, develop ideas, take initiative and responsibility and ultimately help organisations deal with change.Apply Now!
1. Strategic Management – 20 credits
2. International Trade, Finance and Investment – 20 credits
3. International Business – 20 credits
4. Managing Small & Medium Sized Enterprises – 20 credits
5. Business Research Project – 40 credits (Year Long Module)
*PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ACTUAL MODULES STUDIED MAY BE SUBJECT TO VARIATION
Dates to be confirmed. Please get in touch with our Admissions Team
At LSST we welcome applicants from a wide range of backgrounds. If you have recently been in education or are returning after a long time, we would be more than happy to consider your application on an individual basis.
Depending on your circumstances, you may wish to apply based on your previous qualifications (Level 3, A-Levels, Diploma) OR as a mature learner (aged 21+) on the basis of your previous experiences via our assessment based entry.
Application based on Previous qualifications:
If you are applying based on your previous qualifications, you must have any one of the following:
- 72 UCAS tariff points from Level 3 qualifications
- A Levels at grades B, C or D,D and D, or above
- BTEC Extended Diploma with Merit, Merit, Pass
- Access to HE Diploma
Mature learners (Aged 21+)
If are applying as a mature learner (aged 21+) and do not have the above qualifications, you can apply via our assessment based entry and we will consider your prior experiences (work, voluntary, life and other experiences) that are relevant to the course.
You will be required to complete the following:
- Provide a CV and Personal Statement
- English Language Test (IELTS 5.5 or score 60%)
- Maths Test (Score 50%)
- Complete a SAPE Assessment (Screening for Accreditation of Prior Experience)
- Academic Interview
English and Maths Requirement
All applicants are required to demonstrate they have the functional skills needed to complete their degree.
- You will be required to pass our English Language test with a minimum 60% score, equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
- You will also be required to pass our Maths test at a minimum score of 50%.
To support your application further, applicants may also present a GCSE English and Maths (grade 9 - 4 / A* - C) or Level 2 equivalents.
You will be required to pass our English Language test with a minimum 60% score, equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
You will be assessed through written assignments, presentations and closed book written exams.
The assignment criteria are provided by the awarding body.
BA (Hons) opens the door to a range of business-related positions across a broad range of industry sectors, whether in City firms, multinational companies, specialist consultancies or small and medium sized enterprises. Additionally students may wish to pursue a further academic qualification and continue to Edexcel BTEC Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership at LSST, an MBA on other Masters Degree programme at a University.
Skills profile on completion of your degree:
On completing the course, students will be:
1. Confident and independent learners well versed in the underpinning disciplines contributing to business behaviour.
2. Decision makers able to incorporate a wide technical knowledge and appropriate theories to enable themselves and colleagues to reach solutions to complex business situations.
3. Capable of benefiting from post graduate, professional study including the ability to participate in individual and group research.
4. Capable of employment at junior, and with appropriate experience, middle management positions.
5. Able to initiate effective team working at all levels and with others, and work independently and effectively.
6. Able to reflect on how their employment enables them to develop skills for Continuous Professional Development and Lifelong Learning. "