BA (Hons) Business Studies with Foundation Year
A Business Studies degree can open the door to many exciting and rewarding careers. For over 50 years, our Business Studies degree has achieved a reputation for meeting educational and professional needs, both nationally and internationally. This course has been designed to help you meet the many challenges of the complex, dynamic and exciting world of business. You will develop a critical understanding of ethical principles and practice, and an awareness of effective management and finance practice.
We have developed this course in partnership with public and private local business organisations to give you real-world understanding of the contemporary business landscape, thus enabling you to gain an understanding of the many contexts in which businesses operate.
We’ll give you the information, tools, techniques and experience you need to devise creative solutions to the full range of business problems. The knowledge you will gain during this course is a real opportunity to start a rewarding career.Apply Now!
Foundation year (Level 3) modules:
- Introduction to Business
- Recording of Business Transactions
- Personalised Learning
- Data Handling and ICT
- Managing People and Systems
- Academic Performance.
Year one (Level 4) modules:
- Professional Skills for Business and Finance
- Introduction to Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Researching Business Data
- Business Accounting
- Principles of Marketing
- Information, Communications and Technology (ICT).
Year two (Level 5) modules:
- Business Economics
- Enterprise and Business Development
- Managing Business Operations
- Research Methods
- Business Ethics
- Organisational Behaviour
Year three (Level 6) modules:
- Strategic Management
- International Trade, Finance and Investment
- Business Research Project (40 credits) (year-long)
- International Business Managing Small and Medium Sized Enterprises
Dates to be confirmed. Please get in touch with our Admissions Team
At LSST we welcome applicants from a wide range of backgrounds. If you have recently been in education or are returning after a long time, we would be more than happy to consider your application on an individual basis.
Depending on your circumstances, you may wish to apply based on your previous qualifications (Level 3, A-Levels, Diploma) OR as a mature learner (aged 21+) on the basis of your previous experiences via our assessment based entry.
Application based on Previous qualifications:
If you are applying based on your previous qualifications, you must have any one of the following:
- 72 UCAS tariff points from Level 3 qualifications
- A Levels at grades B, C or D,D and D, or above
- BTEC Extended Diploma with Merit, Merit, Pass
- Access to HE Diploma
Mature learners (Aged 21+)
If are applying as a mature learner (aged 21+) and do not have the above qualifications, you can apply via our assessment based entry and we will consider your prior experiences (work, voluntary, life and other experiences) that are relevant to the course.
You will be required to complete the following:
- Provide a CV and Personal Statement
- English Language Test (IELTS 5.5 or score 60%)
- Maths Test (Score 50%)
- Complete a SAPE Assessment (Screening for Accreditation of Prior Experience)
- Academic Interview
English and Maths Requirement
All applicants are required to demonstrate they have the functional skills needed to complete their degree.
- You will be required to pass our English Language test with a minimum 60% score, equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
- You will also be required to pass our Maths test at a minimum score of 50%.
To support your application further, applicants may also present a GCSE English and Maths (grade 9 - 4 / A* - C) or Level 2 equivalents.
You will be required to pass our English Language test with a minimum 60% score, equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
You will be assessed through written assignments and presentations. The assignments are provided by the awarding body.