BA (Hons) Business Studies with Foundation Year
A Business Studies degree can open the door to many exciting and rewarding careers. This course has been designed to help you meet the many challenges of the complex, dynamic and exciting world of business. You will develop a critical understanding of ethical principles and practice, and an awareness of effective management and finance practice.
We have developed this course in partnership with public and private local business organisations to give you real-world understanding of the contemporary business landscape, thus enabling you to gain an understanding of the many contexts in which businesses operate.
We’ll give you the information, tools, techniques and experience you need to devise creative solutions to the full range of business problems. The knowledge you will gain during this course is a real opportunity to start a rewarding career.Apply Now!
Foundation year (Level 3) modules:
- Introduction to Business
- Recording of Business Transactions
- Personalised Learning
- Data Handling and ICT
- Managing People and Systems
- Academic Performance.
Year one (Level 4) modules:
- Professional Skills for Business and Finance
- Introduction to Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Researching Business Data
- Business Accounting
- Principles of Marketing
- Information, Communications and Technology (ICT).
Year two (Level 5) modules:
- Business Economics
- Enterprise and Business Development
- Managing Business Operations
- Research Methods
- Business Ethics
- Organisational Behaviour
Year three (Level 6) modules:
- Strategic Management
- International Trade, Finance and Investment
- Business Research Project (40 credits) (year-long)
- International Business
- Managing Small and Medium Sized Enterprises
16th September 2019
£9,250 per year
25th September 2019
If you do not meet the minimum requirements for the three-year programme, or do not feel fully prepared for a Level 4 course, this four-year programme including a Foundation Year could be for you.
At LSST we welcome applicants from a wide range of backgrounds. If you have recently been in education or are returning after a long time, we would be more than happy to consider your application on an individual basis.
Application based on Previous qualifications:
If you are applying based on your previous qualifications, you will usually have achieved a minimum of 90 credits from a Level 3 qualification such as A Levels or BTECs
Mature learner 21+:
If you are applying as a mature learner (aged 21+) and do not have the above qualifications, you can apply via our assessment based entry and we will consider your prior experiences (work, voluntary, life and other experiences) that are relevant to the course.
You will be required to complete the following:
1. Provide a CV and Personal Statement
2. English Language Test (with a minimum 60% score, equivalent to IELTS 5.5)
3. Maths Test (Score 50%)
4. Complete a SAPE Assessment (Screening for Accreditation of Prior Experience)
5. Applicants will also be invited to attend an Interview
You will be required to pass our English Language test with a minimum 60% score, equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
You will be assessed through written assignments, in-class tests and presentations. The assignments are provided by the awarding body.
A Business degree can open doors to many exciting and rewarding careers. Some of the most popular fields our graduates tend to move into include:
- Human Resource Management
- Finance and Accounting
- Operations management
- Retail Management