BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Systems (Top-up)
This specially packaged course focused on the industry requirements and employability skills would open unique doors of employment numerous career paths, such as.
• Database Analyst
• Database Developer
• Computer Security Analyst
• Project Manager
• Software Design and Developer
• Managing Information Systems Project
During this course you will:
Design and develop your own piece of software, hardware, or network system as part of your final year project.
Tap in to our Library’s vast selection of electronic resources, which can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection. In addition you will have full access to the university’s library and electronic resources
Participate in live web-based chat forums to discuss your work with lecturers and other students
Develop a full understanding of the theory and practice of IT industry
Meet the national need for adaptive, adaptable and transformative graduates and gain necessary knowledge and skills required to prepare you for the world of work.Apply Now!
Study Mode: Full-time
Study Location: Luton Campus
Course Level: 6
Award: BSc (hons)
Awarding Body: University of West London
During this course you will:
- Advanced Database Systems
- Applied Software Engineering
- Computer Security
- Managing Information Systems Projects
*PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ACTUAL MODULES STUDIED MAY BE SUBJECT TO VARIATION
September 2019 (To Be Confirmed)
To gain entry to our top up courses, you must have any of the following qualifications:
- A Higher National Diploma (HND) in a relevant subject with a PASS
- Foundation Degree in a relevant subject
- An equivalent Level 5 qualification in a relevant subject
- A recognised UK or overseas equivalent
Applicants will also be required to complete the following:
- Provide a CV and Personal Statement
- Provide original Level 5 qualification (or equivalent)
- Applicants will also be invited to attend an interview
You must meet one of the following English language requirements:
- An IELTS equivalent of 6.0
- A GCSE in English (grade 9 - 4 / A* - C) or Level 2 equivalent
- If you have recently completed a HND in a UK institution, this would be accepted following an academic interview.
You will be assessed through written assignments, presentations and closed book written exams.
The assignment criteria are provided by the awarding body.
After the successful completion of the course you would be able to:
- demonstrate an awareness of key legal, social, ethical and professional issues pertinent to information systems, and their use in the business environment
- select and applying appropriate problem-solving strategies in the context of information systems and information technology
- identify, specify, analyse and evaluate business problems within a business information systems environment
- demonstrate professional skills in a work-related context (including e.g. presentations, report-writing, ability to work as part of a team)
- understand the needs of business users, and plan, design, develop and implement a software solution to meet their requirements