BSc (Hons) Information Technology Management for Business Studies with Foundation Year
This is a rewarding course that promotes a close knit ITMB student community. Employer involvement is a key feature, with employer networking, live projects and state of the art lectures and workshops incorporated into the course.
During this course you will play a leading role in mobilising IT and information systems to deliver business efficiency and a competitive edge. It will prepare you for a fulfilling career in management or consultancy roles within the IT industry. You will be given a professional advantage by learning core business and management skills at the same time as developing the IT knowledge and technical skills required by the industry. Employer networking events, live projects and employer led workshops are all incorporated into the course.Apply Now!
Year one (Foundation) modules:
- Introduction to Software Development
- Academic Performance
- Introduction to Computing Mathematics
- Introduction to Web Design and Development
- Personalised Learning
- Introduction to Computer Technologies
Year two (level 4) modules:
- Business Accounting for Managers
- Skills for IS Professional
- Developing Digital ID
- The Business Environment
Year three (level 5) modules:
- Enterprise and Business Development
- Managing Business Operations
- Internet Applications
- The IT Industry
- Introduction to Networks and Security
- Group Project
- Digital Business
- Requirements Management
Year four (level 6) modules:
- Managing IS Projects
- Business Intelligence Technologies
- Business Strategy in the Digital Environment
- Social Enterprise
At LSST we welcome applicants from a wide range of backgrounds. If you have recently been in education or are returning after a long time, we would be more than happy to consider your application on an individual basis.
Depending on your circumstances, you may wish to apply based on your previous qualifications (Level 3, A-Levels, Diploma) OR as a mature learner (aged 21+) on the basis of your previous experiences via our assessment based entry.
Application based on Previous qualifications:
If you are applying based on your previous qualifications, you must have any one of the following:
- 72 UCAS tariff points from Level 3 qualifications
- A Levels at grades B, C or D,D and D, or above
- BTEC Extended Diploma with Merit, Merit, Pass
- Access to HE Diploma
Mature learners (Aged 21+)
If you are applying as a mature learner (aged 21+) and do not have the above qualifications, you can apply via our assessment based entry and we will consider your prior experiences (work, voluntary, life and other experiences) that are relevant to the course.
You will be required to complete the following:
- Provide a CV and Personal Statement
- English Language Test (IELTS 5.5 or score 60%)
- Maths Test (Score 50%)
- Complete a SAPE Assessment (Screening for Accreditation of Prior Experience)
- Academic Interview
English and Maths Requirement
All applicants are required to demonstrate they have the functional skills needed to complete their degree.
- You will be required to pass our English Language test with a minimum 60% score, equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
- You will also be required to pass our Maths test at a minimum score of 50%.
To support your application further, applicants may also present a GCSE English and Maths (grade 9 - 4 / A* - C) or Level 2 equivalents.
You will be required to pass our English Language test with a minimum 60% score, equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
You will be assessed through written assignments and presentations. The assignments are provided by the awarding body.