Admissions Appeals and Complaints

The following complaints and appeals procedures are for those applying to study at London School of Science and Technology and are not applicable to enrolled students.

If you are an enrolled student and you wish to lodge a complaint, please refer to our Student Complaints Policy.

If you are an enrolled student and you wish to appeal a formal decision made by the School, you should use the Appeals Policy.


Applicants who are unsuccessful in their application to study at the School and who wish to appeal the decision, may appeal in writing to the Admissions Panel.

Applicants must submit an Appeal within 20 working days of receiving a decision outcome on their application. The Admissions Panel will consider the appeal if the applicant can show that:

i.  Refusal was given as result of the applicant not being properly assisted throughout the admissions process, or not being given the information they needed,

ii.  There was an administrative error in considering the application to study which led to the refusal, for example:

 - The application was considered against the wrong entry requirements for that programme, or

 - Supporting evidence provided by the applicant has not been considered

iii. The School has not followed its normal procedures or applied them fairly, and this has had a material impact on the decision of refusal.

If you wish to submit an appeal to the Admissions Panel, please click here.

Appeals Flowchart:

Appeals Flowchart:


LSST is committed to providing fair, transparent and consistent admissions procedures for all of our applicants. We recognise, however, that there may be occasions when applicants are dissatisfied with the conduct of the admissions process in which case they may invoke the Admissions complaints procedure.

The applicant should first raise their complaint informally with a member of the Admissions team. In most cases, this would be the member of staff who processed the application unless the complaint is about that individual. In such cases, the complaint may be addressed to an Admissions Officer.

If the applicant is unable to resolve the complaint informally with the relevant member of the Admissions team, they should submit a complaint form by clicking here.

A Senior Admissions Officer will acknowledge in writing receipt of the complaint. The Senior Admissions Officer will then investigate the complaint and submit a written response to the complainant within 10 working days from acknowledgement of receipt of the complaint.

If the applicant is still dissatisfied with the outcome of the Senior Admissions Officer’s investigation, the applicant may further write to the Admissions Manager. The Principal will be made aware of complaints escalated to this level.

The Admissions Managers’ decision upon the investigation of the complaint will be considered final.

More information regarding the Admissions Appeals and Complaints procedure Please refer to section 7 of the Admissions Policy.