The London School of Science and Technology (LSST) may use and process personal data (including Special Category and criminal offence data) or information regarding you whilst you are a student of LSST and after you have left LSST. Special Category data includes information held by LSST as to your physical or mental health or condition, your racial/ethnic origin, sexual orientation/sex-life, political views, or religion.
Criminal offence data includes information on the commission or alleged commission of any offence by you and any proceedings for an offence committed or alleged to have been committed by you (including the outcome or sentence in such proceedings).
We may obtain the following categories of personal data from third-parties:-
- Identifying data e.g. usernames, names, email addresses
- Tracking data e.g. attendance records taken by contractor lecturers
- Financial data e.g. payment and student finance data collected by contractor finance staff
- Medical and health e.g. sick notes
- Professional e.g. employer or past academic references, academic record information for SAPE
- Criminal e.g. enhanced DBS checks for health and social care courses
LSST processes your data, including Special Category Data for the purposes and in the manner set out in this Privacy Notice. The processing of your personal data for the below purposes is required for the performance of this contract between you and LSST, for LSST to meet its regulatory obligations to the QAA, and the OFS, and for LSST’s legitimate interests including marketing, quality assurance, and ensuring safety and security of staff and students. We may also ask for your consent for participation in some marketing activities (e.g. subscribing to marketing information along with our newsletter). If so, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time.
The purposes for which LSST may process your personal data (including Special Category data) include:
- the administration of your enrolment on and participation on a course, including the administration of examinations, the issue of results and certificates in connection with the course and (where applicable) the provision to your employer or other sponsor/corporate sponsor information about your attendance and performance on a course, and DBS checking where required for a course;
- the provision of LSST services and facilities to you and the protection of your health, safety and welfare whilst at LSST;
- the issue and operation of LSST’s ID card in accordance with Condition 10.3.4 of the Student enrolment terms and conditions;
- the collection of tuition fees and other LSST fees;
- equal opportunities monitoring;
- arrangement and marketing of alumni activities;
- the provision of references about you;
- the provision of information to any regulator, government body or agency;
- for safety purposes; and
- the provision of information to the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA).
Your HESA information including linked data is used for four broad purposes: public functions, administrative uses, HESA publications and Equal opportunity, research, journalism and other processing in which there is a legitimate interest. For more information see the HESA Collection Notice on http://www.hesa.ac.uk/fpn
In some circumstances, it may be necessary for LSST to transfer your personal data to a country outside the European Economic Area (for example, if that is your country of origin). Such a transfer will only be made for the purposes specified above.
You should be aware that countries outside the EEA may not offer data protection law equivalent to that applicable in the United Kingdom and you consent to the transfer of data in these circumstances and for those purposes. Where we make such a transfer to a country that does not provide the same level of data protection as the UK, we will put appropriate measures in place to ensure your information is protected.
Your data will be received by the following categories of third-party recipients:-
- awarding bodies
- regulators and funding agencies
- debt recovery agencies instructed to recover outstanding fees
- contractor staff
- partner course and skill providers e.g. Careers Group, Learn Direct, Trainimaster
- professional advisors e.g. our accountants, solicitors, quality assurance consultants, our DPO
- public authorities and law enforcement e.g. HESA, the police, UKVI re your information is protected.
LSST collects, processes, and stores criminal offence data about past convictions, including enhanced DBS check reports from APCS, details of unspent convictions, and full DBS certificates. This is required for performance of your contract of enrolment with the college on Health & Social Care courses, and the legitimate interest of protecting the safety of staff and students of the college. We do not keep a comprehensive record of criminal offence data.
In some circumstances, LSST may wish to use data in the form of photographs, or video or audio recording, of classroom situations as part of general marketing materials for example in LSST’s annual report, prospectus or course materials. Video and audio recordings and any personal data alongside them will only be used in this way with your explicit consent, which you have the right to withdraw at any time.
Application data will be retained for 6 months from the date of the application if enrolment is not successful. All other student personal data, including successful applicant’s application data, will be retained for only as long as necessary, and for no longer than 7 years from the end of your course(s) of study with LSST.
LSST’s processing of your personal data is subject to your rights under the GDPR: (https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/data-protection-reform/overview-of-the-gdpr/individuals-rights/) i.e.:
The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
If LSST does not process your data fairly, you may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/ within 3 months of your last contact concerning the matter with LSST (or such other time limit as the ICO from time to time specify)..
London School of Science and Technology Ltd (Data Controller).
LSST Wembley Campus
401- 403 High Rd, London, Wembley HA9 7AB
Tel: 020 8795 3863
LSST Elephant &Castle Campus
70 Newington Causeway, London, England SE1 6DF
Tel: 020 8017 4257
LSST Luton Campus
4 Dunstable Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 1DX
Tel: 015 8272 9486
LSST Birmingham Campus
Crystal Court, Aston Cross Business Village,
Bulletproof Cyber Limited
Bulletproof HQ, Unit J, Gateway 1000,
Whittle Way, Stevenage, Herts, SG1 2FP
01438 532 916