BA (Hons) Business Management with Foundation Year
This course is offered as a four-year programme, including an initial Foundation Year.
The Foundation Year will enable you to develop your academic study skills and build confidence in your abilities, identifying your own strengths and development needs for progression onto an undergraduate degree.
Employers want graduates who are not just academically qualified, but are also work-ready with professional skills in management and leadership. This course equips you with the skills to become a confident and successful manager.Apply Now!
- Preparing for Success Knowledge and Creativity
- Employability and Enterprise
- Introduction to Business Studies
Year 1 Modules
- Global Business environment
- The Graduate Challenge
- Introduction to People Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Financial Decision Making
- Organisational Behaviour
- Career Viewpoint
- Data Insights for Business Decisions
Year 2 Modules
- Business Consulting
- Project Management
- Contemporary Business Economics
- Consulting in practice
- Operations and Service Management
- Digital Business and New Technologies
- Students should also take the following options, one module per semester
- Strategic Marketing
- Customer Experience
Year 3 Modules
- Research Methods
- Strategic Agility
- International Marketing Management
- Developing leadership and management skills
- Managing & Developing Innovation & Creativity
- Change Management and organisation Development
23rd September 2019
£9,250 per year
2nd October 2019
If you do not meet the minimum requirements for the three-year programme, or do not feel fully prepared for a Level 4 course, this four-year programme including a Foundation Year could be for you.
At LSST we welcome applicants from a wide range of backgrounds. If you have recently been in education or are returning after a long time, we would be more than happy to consider your application on an individual basis.
Application based on Previous qualifications:
If you are applying based on your previous qualifications, you will usually have achieved a minimum of 90 credits from a Level 3 qualification such as A Levels or BTECs
Mature learner 21+:
If you are applying as a mature learner (aged 21+) and do not have the above qualifications, you can apply via our assessment based entry and we will consider your prior experiences (work, voluntary, life and other experiences) that are relevant to the course.
You will be required to complete the following:
- Provide a CV and Personal Statement
- English Language Test (with a minimum 60% score, equivalent to IELTS 5.5)
- Maths Test (Score 50%)
- Complete a SAPE Assessment (Screening for Accreditation of Prior Experience)
- Applicants will also be invited to attend an Interview
You will be assessed through written assignments and presentations. The assignments are provided by the awarding body.
A Business degree can open doors to many existing and rewarding careers. Some of the most popular fields our graduates tend to move into include:
- Operations management
- Service management
- Customer management
- Project management
- Retail management