Robert Pitchers SENCO (Special Educational Needs Coordinator) Student Support Officer
STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
Student Support services is a very friendly team and very supportive to all students. I have been working with this team for the past two years. My background is working with Special Educational needs I have now being using this knowledge and skills to develop my role within this team to become the SENCO. Please come and visit us so we can help you reach your potential.
I would now like to explain we offer help and support in:
• Requesting all forms to registry
We can offer support in:
• Applying for DSA Disability Student Allowance
• Organising equipment and Support
• Coloured Overlays and rulers
• Coloured Overlays for the Monitor
• Dictaphone Loan (£5.00 deposit returnable after the course and when the Dictaphones are returned)
• Lecturer Power points in Colour
• Assignments in Colour
DSA EXPLAINED IN A FLOW CHART
The role of the SENCO
Overseeing the day-to-day operation of the College’s SEN policy.
• Supporting the identification of children with special educational needs. • Co-ordinating provision for children with SEN. • Liaising with parents of children with SEN. • Liaising with other providers, outside agencies, educational psychologists and external agencies. • Ensuring that the College keeps the records of all pupils with SEN up to date.
Purpose of resources
Coloured Overlays rulers Help learners to focus on areas of text, they also make the text easier to read Dictaphones are used for recording of lectures
Tel 02087953863 Ext 054
Robert Pitchers- SENCO (Special Educational Needs Coordinator) Student Support Officer